Davidson Housing Coalition‘s 12th annual Souper Bowl was Saturday, Feb. 27, 2016, with a dozen local chefs competing for the titles of best local soups. The big winner, as always, was the DHC’s HAMMERS emergency home repair program.
Here’s a list of the winners:
- Best Farm to Spoon – Summit Coffee, “Half Thyme.”
- Best Creamy soup – Kindred, Sweet Potato Curry
- Best Vegetarian – Restaurant X, “Beyond Minestrone”
- Best Chunky – Flatiron Kitchen + Taphouse, Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Most Creative – Millstone Bake House and Provisions, Asian Chicken and Vegetable in Coconut Milk.
Others who donated their time, talents and soups were Armin’s Catering at Beaver Dam, Famous Toastery, Fork!, The Pearl Wedding & Events, The Pickled Peach and Upper Crust.
Desserts were donated by Bird & Bear Cookie Co. and by South Main Sweet Shop, which used the occasion to share a bit of news: It’s moving next month to 107 North Main Street in the heart of downtown Davidson. For now, they’ll be South Main Sweet shop – on North Main. Still weighing the possibility of a name change.